Huawei Nova Y71 Price in Kenya
The Huawei Nova Y71 Price in Kenya is Kes 33,500. It is a budget-friendly phone with a large display, long battery life, and capable cameras. However, the low screen resolution, older processor, lack of Google Play Services, and plastic build quality are some drawbacks to consider.
Huawei Nova Y71 Specifications in Kenya
|6.75 inches (17.15 cm)
|720 x 1600 pixels (HD+)
|Kirin 710A (octa-core)
|Up to 2.0 GHz
|Yes, up to 512GB with microSD card
|48MP (wide) + 5MP (ultrawide) + 2MP (depth)
|Rear Camera Video
|Front Camera Video
|22.5W fast charging
|EMUI 12 (Android 11 based)
|Google Play Services
|Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
|GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
|Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor
|Blue, Green, Gold, Black
|USB Type-C Port
|Price in Kenya
- 6.75″ 720 x 1600 pixels IPS LCD screen: This means the screen is quite large (around 17 cm diagonally) but the resolution is not as high as other phones in its price range, resulting in slightly less sharp visuals. It uses IPS LCD technology which offers decent brightness and viewing angles, but not as vibrant as OLED panels.
- Kirin 710A octa-core: This is an older mid-range processor that can handle everyday tasks like browsing, social media, and light gaming well. However, it might not be ideal for demanding applications like high-end games or video editing.
- 8GB: This is a generous amount of RAM for a budget phone and allows you to smoothly run multiple apps at once without experiencing lag.
- 128GB expandable with microSD card up to 512GB: 128GB provides enough space for most users for everyday apps and photos. The ability to expand with a microSD card gives you even more flexibility if you need a lot of storage for games, media, or downloaded apps.
- Rear triple camera (48MP main, 5MP ultrawide, 2MP depth): The 48MP main sensor captures decent photos in good lighting conditions, though low-light performance might not be impressive. The 5MP ultrawide lens allows you to capture wider landscapes or group shots, while the 2MP depth sensor helps create portrait shots with blurred backgrounds.
- 8MP front-facing camera: This camera is sufficient for selfies and video calls, but won’t offer the best quality compared to higher-end phones.
- 6000mAh with 22.5W fast charging: This large battery is one of the strongest points of the Nova Y71. It can easily last a full day or even more on a single charge with moderate usage. 22.5W fast charging allows you to get a significant charge in around 30 minutes, which is convenient for busy users.
- EMUI 12 (Android 11 based): The phone runs on Huawei’s custom EMUI 12 user interface, which is based on Android 11. However, due to ongoing US sanctions, Huawei phones no longer have access to Google Play Services. This means you will have to rely on Huawei’s AppGallery for apps and games, which might not have all the apps you are used to.
Pros and Cons
- Large display: The 6.75-inch screen offers ample space for watching videos, gaming, and browsing.
- Large battery: The 6000mAh battery provides long-lasting power, potentially lasting a full day or even more on a single charge.
- Triple rear cameras: The 48MP main camera delivers decent photos in daylight, and the ultrawide and depth sensors offer additional shooting options.
- Fast charging: 22.5W fast charging allows you to get a significant charge in a short amount of time.
- Expandable storage: With 128GB built-in storage and the ability to expand with a microSD card, you can have plenty of space for apps, photos, and videos.
- Low screen resolution: The 720p resolution is not as sharp as other phones in this price range.
- Older processor: The Kirin 710A is not the latest or most powerful processor, and might struggle with demanding tasks or games.
- Limited software support: Huawei phones no longer have access to Google Play Services, which means you will have to rely on Huawei’s app store for apps and games.
- Plastic build quality: The phone has a plastic back and frame, which may feel less premium compared to phones with glass or metal bodies.
If you are looking for a large-screen phone with a long battery life and are on a tight budget, the Nova Y71 could be a good option. However, if you prioritize screen quality, performance, or the latest software, you might want to consider other phones in this price range.