JBL Bar 500 Overview
Go beyond TV and movies when you add the JBL Bar 500 590W 5.1-Channel Dolby Atmos Soundbar System from JBL to your living room. As a replacement for your thin, built-in TV speakers, the Bar 500 delivers 590W of power and chest-thumping bass through seven integrated drivers and a dedicated wireless 10″ subwoofer. As a home theater solution, the Bar 500 uses Multibeam and Dolby Atmos technology to deliver immersive 3D surround sound for your movies and TV.
Clear Dialogue with PureVoice
Play Audio with Your Voice
JBL One App
Custom Sound Calibration
- Wall mountable
- Automatic software updates over Wi-Fi
Bar 500 Specs
4 x 1.8 x 3.5″ / 46 x 90 mm Oval Cone
3 x 0.75″ / 1.91 cm
290 W RMS
35 Hz to 20 kHz (System)
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||
1 x 10″ / 25.4 cm
300 W RMS
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||
1 x HDMI – eARC
1 x Optical TOSLINK – Audio
1 x USB-A (Unspecified Interface)
|Wireless Audio Protocols||
AirPlay, Bluetooth, Chromecast built-in, Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) / Bluetooth 5.0
A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.5
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax); Dual-Band (2.4 & 5 GHz)
|Mobile App Compatible||
*As of February, 2023: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
HDR10, Dolby Vision
|Supported File Formats||
< 2.0 W (Network Standby)
|AC Input Power||
100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
32 to 113°F / 0 to 45°C
Yes, with Included Hardware
40 x 2.2 x 4.1″ / 1017 x 56 x 103.5 mm (Soundbar)
12 x 17.3 x 12″ / 305 x 440.4 x 305 mm (Subwoofer)
6.2 lb / 2.8 kg (Soundbar)
22 lb / 10 kg (Subwoofer)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS OF THE BAR 500
- Is the JBL Bar 500 available in Kenya? Yes, the JBL Bar 500 is available in Kenya through PhoneShop Kenya retailers in Kenya Located at Njengi House, Tom Mboya Street, Ground Floor Shop 18 Next to KCB BANK.
- How much does the JBL Bar 500 cost in Kenya? The JBL Bar 500 costs around Ksh. 80,995 in Kenya. The price may vary depending on the retailer.
- Where can I buy the JBL Bar 500 in Kenya? You can buy the JBL Bar 500 at major electronics stores in Kenya at Humtech Onlineshop or at Phoneshop Kenya Online. You can also buy it online from retailers such as Sky.Garden
- What are the features of the JBL Bar 500? The JBL Bar 500 is a 5.1-channel soundbar with a wireless subwoofer. It features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound, as well as Bluetooth connectivity. It also has a built-in 4K UHD passthrough and HDMI ARC.
- How does the JBL Bar 500 compare to other soundbars in the same price range? The JBL Bar 500 is a good value for money soundbar. It compares favorably to other soundbars in its price range, such as the Sony Shake x30D and the Sony HT-S700RF.
- Is the JBL Bar 500 compatible with my TV? The JBL Bar 500 is compatible with most TVs. It has an HDMI ARC input that allows you to connect it to your TV with a single cable.
- How do I connect the JBL Bar 500 to my TV? To connect the JBL Bar 500 to your TV, you will need an HDMI cable. Connect the HDMI cable from the HDMI ARC output on your TV to the HDMI ARC input on the JBL Bar 500.
- How do I set up the JBL Bar 500? To set up the JBL Bar 500, you will need to connect it to your TV and power it on. The soundbar will automatically detect your TV and configure itself. You can also use the JBL Bar 500’s remote control to adjust the settings.
- What are the different ways to control the JBL Bar 500? You can control the JBL Bar 500 using the included remote control, the JBL Music app, or voice commands.
- What is the warranty for the JBL Bar 500? The JBL Bar 500 comes with a one-year warranty.